Hello everyone!
Welcome to our blog J This
blog is managed by 8 of Singa’s best friends. We are Aashikkah, Esther, Yi
Xuan, Fayeza, Shri, Nafisa, Jacelyn and Nadheera. Aashikkah, Yi Xuan, Shri and
Jacelyn are from the prefectorial board while Esther, Fayeza, Nafisa and
Nadheera are from the interact club!
What is Friends of Singa? Friends of Singa has been initiated
by the Singapore Kindness Movement (SKM) and we will be celebrating SKM’s
silver jubilee— this project has been running for 25 years! As we work hand in
hand to champion and spread kindness, we aim to make our school community a
kinder place, and in turn, build a better Singapore too, which happens to be
this year’s theme : “ A nation of kindness starts with one”.
Our project is called "The Little Things II", and is
continuation of the previous Friends of Singa project, “ Little Things” which
our schoolmates carried out last year. We hope to convey our message through
little acts of kindness., and We also sincerely hope that at the
end of this project, anyone and everyone who reads this blog or is in our
school will be able to truly feel that “ Kindness has a beautiful way of
reaching down into a weary heart and making it shine like the rising sun”!
Hopefully, we will be able to strengthen the TK bond, making TKGS a kinder and
lovelier community.
Through this blog, we share with you what our definition of kindness truly is. So join us on our journey as we blog about little acts of kindness that we are going to carry out throughout this project and we hope that you will enjoy them! And now, here is a short introduction from each of us J
Through this blog, we share with you what our definition of kindness truly is. So join us on our journey as we blog about little acts of kindness that we are going to carry out throughout this project and we hope that you will enjoy them! And now, here is a short introduction from each of us J
Hey!! Nadheera here :) I'm from 2e4'15 and a proud member of
the TKGS interact club. I'm excited about this project. I've been wanting to be
a FOS ambassador since the day I saw my seniors organizing exciting events
promoting kindness. Anyone can be kind to anyone,anywhere,anytime. They just
need the courage to do it and not feel awkward about it. Small acts of kindness
can make a big impact on a person as we may never know what they had gone
through that day. A smile is all they need to relieve their stress or
negative feelings. I can't wait to make everyone feel good about themselves.
I'm looking forward to work with 7 awesome fun girls , organizing engaging and
exciting activities!
Heyy!!!Nafisa here. I’m from class 2E1 and i'm a member of the
interact club. I’m really excited to be working on this project. Many teenagers
do not take notice of litter on the floor or simply do not want to help others.
They think that by doing this, they would be not cool and popular. Through this
project I wish to change this mindset, encourage teenagers to be more gracious
and most importantly tell people that “A Nation of Kindness Starts with
one!!”Although we might be busy with schoolwork and projects,we will try to do
our best:).I hope you support us in this journey and I promise that you will
not regret it!
Hello! I'm Esther and I'm from class 2/2 and am also a member of the Interact Club which is how I got involved in the Friends of Singa project! I have awesome group members and amazing teachers leading us through this project and our project has already got off to a very good start so I hope it continues on smoothly. Through this project, I hope to be able to promote kindness around the school in students, staff and teachers. Everyone has an important role to play in order to make this a success so I hope everyone will play their part and make school a more enjoyable place for everyone!
Hello everybody!I am Selvaraju Shrilekha and I am one of the
Friends of Singa ambassador.I hope through this experience I will be able to
make a TKGS a more bonded community.Little acts of kindness go a long way and I
hope through our projects, we will be able to brighten up people's days. Start
a day with a bright smile and you will have a good day ahead!
Hey there!! I am Fayeza of 2E1 and i am a proud member of the TKGS Interact Club. I am also really excited to be part of Friends Of Singa and help kindness spread among my fellow schoolmates! I have been very fond of this project ever since i went for the briefing as i have always been a person who wanted to do something good and contribute to the society and i feel that FOS is a great platform for me to start. The fellow Friends of Singa Ambassadors Shri, Yi Xuan, Jacelyn, Aashikah, Nadheera, Nafisa, Esther and i were very excited when we started out and we have planned many projects in which we have carried out one already. We have carefully planned these projects and hope to make a change in TK through them. We gave our best when preparing these activities and we really hope to make TK a kinder place to be in. We really hope that the TK spirit stays strong and we work together like a big family and support each other especially during our Mid-Year Examinations that are only around the corner! I also hope that our hard work pays off and i really look forward to when kindness spreads throughout my school like wild fire!! J
Hi I am Jacelyn and I am from 3e8! I am so excited to be working on this project and I believe everyone involved in this project is as well. The friend of singa project last year has certainly brought about a positive impact to the school and I hope that this year we can do it too:) One of the benefits of being kind is happiness, I hope that through our project the school will be a much happier place. Let me end my introduction with a quote by Scott Adams- Remember there's no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with no logical end.
Hi Aashikkah here! I'm from 3E5 and a member of the Friends Of Songs Project!!! I'm really looking forward to this project because I will be working with a bunch of cheerful, humble and fun people who are focused with the aim of spreading the message of kindness. Kindness is something that brings joy to our stressful academic life(in the perspective of a student) and one can deny that! I believe that with little acts of kindness, we can definitely benefit the greater good. We might face challenges along the way, but I think that with our string bonds of unity, we will embrace them with open arms and face them. I hope that with this project, TKgians will be more appreciative of the kindness portrayed by their peers and even take steps to promote kindness. Do look out for the upcoming activities lined up for y'all. I can assure you that this will be FUN and a MEMORABLE one for all of you! ta ta for now :)
Hey! It’s Yi Xuan here J I’m from
3/5 ’15! I am so excited to be able to work on this project with 7 of my other
amazing teammates and I cannot wait to spread love and kindness with them! Amidst
our busy schedules and hectic routines, we often forget to be kinder and more
gracious to one another. I feel that kindness is a universal language
that is can be comprehended beyond the boundaries. An act of kindness never
goes futile, and it also gives a feeling of joy , warmth and compassion. I hope
that through this project, I would be able to spread kindness to my fellow
schoolmates and hence make tkgs a kinder community. Do stay tuned as we’ll be
blogging about our journey of spreading love and kindness! This would be fun, I
promise <3
No comments:
Post a Comment